reluctantly : "I put the book down reluctantly"
sullen : "I leaned back next to him sullenly."
persistently and silently ill-humored. indicative of gloomy ill humor
eluded: "but it eluded me."
To esnot understand the grasp of somthing.
imploringly: "I looked at Johnny imploringly."
in a beseeching manner.
gallant : "after i read the part about them riding into sure death because they were gallent"
brave, spirited, noble-minded.
indignant: "Johnny was so indignant he almost squeaked."
expressing strong displeasure at something considered unjust, offensive, or insulting.
1. Why does Pony have a problem with Johnny's idea to disguise themselves?
Ponyboy has a problem with having to disguise themselfs beacuse it took a long time for Pony to grow his hair, he had one of the most tuff hair out of all the Greasers.
2. What does Pony mean when he says, "I was supposed to be the deep one" (p. 75)?
Ponyboy ment that when they were reading the book Gone in the Wind that Johnny could grasp the book and get more of what they were talking about more than Ponyboy. Ponyboy thought he was supposedto be one taht grasp the book more than Johnny because Pony weas considered the 'smart one' of the gang at time.
3. Why does Johnny think he is a hero (p. 76)? Do you think Dally is a hero based on what he did?
Johnny thinks Dally is a hero for getting pick up by the fuzz and going to gail for somthing Dally didnt do, it was Two-Bit. Yes, i do think Dally is a hero I also think he is loyal to his friends which are pretty much is family.
4. Why does Pony realize he doesn't like Dally? Can you explain what he means by this?
Pony relizes he dosnt like Dally because he dosnt have Soda's understanding or dash, Two-Bits humor, or Darry's superman qualities. He relized this because of the books Pony reads, all the heros are like Soda, Darry and Two-Bit.
5. Examine Robert Frost's poem, Nothing Gold can Stay. What do you think the poem is saying? How might this apply to the characters in the novel?
This Poem can apply to the characters by always stay true to yourself, never give up. the poem is saying that everyones times comes but until that time comes, stay true and love everone and everything, expecially yourself. Everything Gold can stay.
6. On page 78, Johnny compares Pony and his brothers to their parents. Which one of your parents are you most like? What similarities do you share?
I am most like my mom and dad, in different traits, and still som eof my own traits. My mom and i ahve the same nose and me and my dad have the same personality.
7. What does Pony mean when he says he drinks Pepsis like a friend (p.78)?
Pony means when he sayes he drinks pepsi like its his best friend like he drinks it alot and hes rairly seen without one. Just like a best friend.
8. What's a 'heater'? Why does Dally have one?
A heater is another word for a gun. Dally has one because just incase the fuzz is casing him they will be threaten, and he has one to scare people and get them to back off from him. But the heater is not loaded.
9. Why are the socs and the greasers going to fight in the vacant lot?
The Socs and the Greasers are going to fight in the vacent lot because they are going to have a skin rumble (and fight with only hands, no weapons.) If the Greasers win the Socs have to back off from there teritory and if the Socs win they dont have to back away and they can jump Greasers.
10. Who's the spy for the greasers? Does this surprise you? Why or why not?
The spy for the greasers is Cherry Valance. No, this dos not suprise me because Cherry and the Pony got along and they trusted eachother.